Monday, May 14, 2012

Tahiti Part 2 - Moorea

I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of strong wind and rain, with the sun beating in my eyes.  I know, it didn't make sense to me either, so I looked outside. The sun and wind were real, but the "rain" was the wind blowing through the thatched roof.  The frayed edge of the roof was blowing against the window, sounding exactly like rain. Because of the wind the ocean wasn't pleasant for swimming but the pool was fine, so we spent the day there and in our bungalow.  Saturday night they had a special buffet dinner and Tahitian dancing show.  We also rented a movie, so it was a late night.  We didn't get to bed until midnight. Sunday morning we had to move from our overwater bungalow to a regular room.  Misa developed a bad cold so she spent the day in the room texting her friends, working on homeschool, and watching a movie.  Katka and I had a day together by the pool, then we walked into town for ice cream, and then dinner at the hotel restaurant. I guess for Mother's Day Misa gave Katka a day alone with me.